Friday, July 22, 2005

my ayuttaya field trip

We had just gone from our field trip at Ayuttaya...it is said to be the oldest city in Thailand...our school (La Salle College of Bangkok) conducted a field trip...we're lucky to have with us, ajarn Suthep...he's our tourist guide, my colleague too in our school, and he's just like a father to us, my sister and my cousin here in bangkok...we witnessed all those ancient buddhist temples...some temples had been destroyed by colonizers (Burmese)...but still the remains are still there...and eventhough it has been destroyed by war, still they preserved it...that place has said to have over 300 temples and there are towering buddhas that ranges their heights, about 50-80 meters, their temples are said to have mostly manmade...the brickwalls, their roof, buddha statues with different positions,etc...the oldest temple they have are still there, in fact we've seen their walls have paintings...though its old but I saw paintings, only, some portion on the walls have been erased maybe because it was brought by years....so thus i'ts really old...really, really old...it's really amazing!......I just realized...Thailand really preserved everything they have after the war...their ancient history, their ancestors, have brought cultures and traditions that are still in every hearts of every thais today....I can see that...the amazing fact is that...it's a rare place to have a developed country, wherein their cultures and traditions are still instill in the hearts and minds on every thais...we had many pictures taken on those different temples we've been through...maybe next time, I'l publish here some of our pictures...and I'l continue some other things I haven't written it here...by the way today until tommorow is said to be the Buddhist Lent...that's why we had a chance to have a field trip there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home